Saint Christine - Aged Byzantine Icon
Iconographer: Kantarelis Vas.
Commemorates on: July 24
Saint Christina was from Tyre in Syria, the daughter of a pagan named Urban. Enlightened in her heart to believe in Christ, she broke her fathers idols, made of gold and silver, and distributed the pieces to the poor. When her father learned this, he punished her ruthlessly, then cast her into prison. The rulers subjected her to imprisonments, hunger, torments, the cutting off of her breasts and tongue, and finally impalement, in the year 200, during the reign of the Emperor Septimius Severus.
Availability: Made to order, usually ships within 3 to 7 days.
Current Reviews: 1
by Mr. John VaskovDate Added: Thursday 04 June, 2015
I received the icons yesterday. They are beautiful (as I had no doubt they would be). Thanks again for everything.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 06 June, 2002
OramaWorld Quantity Discount Policy (applied at Checkout):
- Buy 2 or more items in a single category, get 5% off
- Buy 5 or more items in a single category, get 10% off
- Buy 10 or more items in a single category, get 15% off
- Buy 20 or more items in a single category, get 20% off
- Buy 50 or more items in a single category, get 25% off