Thomas the Apostle - Byzantine Icon
Iconographer: Liondas Chr.
The name Thomas means, "twin." He was one of the Twelve, a Galilean by birth. Sophroneus (not the famous Patriarch of Jerusalem, quoted also by Jerome, says that Saint Thomas preached to the Parthians, Pesians, Medes, Hyrcanians, Bactrians, and neighbouring nations. According to Heracleon, the Apostle died a natural death; according to other accounts, he was martyred at Meliapur His tomb was known by Saint John Chrysostom to be at Edessa in Syria, to which city his holy relics may have been translated from India in the fourth century.
Availability: Made to order, usually ships within 5 to 10 days.
Current Reviews: 1
by Andrew Lumsden, UKDate Added: Friday 10 November, 2017
Many many thanks for PayPal invoice for order of small flat holy icon of St. Jude. I am so pleased that you do stock.
I look forward to my delivery, please send together with other icons ordered.
Once again thanks.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 06 June, 2002
OramaWorld Quantity Discount Policy (applied at Checkout):
- Buy 2 or more items in a single category, get 5% off
- Buy 5 or more items in a single category, get 10% off
- Buy 10 or more items in a single category, get 15% off
- Buy 20 or more items in a single category, get 20% off
- Buy 50 or more items in a single category, get 25% off