Luke the Apostle and Evangelist - Byzantine Icon
Iconographer: Michael Father
Commemorates on: October 18
This Apostle was an Antiochean, a physician by trade, and a disciple and companion of Paul. He wrote his Gospel in Greek after Matthew and Mark, after which he wrote the Acts of the Apostles, and dedicated both works to Theophilus, who, according to some, was Governor of Achaia. He lived some eighty-six years and died in Achaia, perhaps in Patras, the capital of this district. His emblem is the calf, the third symbolical beast mentioned by Ezekiel,which is a symbol of Christs sacrificial and priestly office, as Saint Irenaeus says.
Availability: Made to order, usually ships within 5 to 10 days.
Current Reviews: 1
by Mrs Peggy LoshDate Added: Thursday 04 June, 2015
The icons just arrived. As always, they are beautiful! My sincere thanks for your prompt service and wonderful religious products
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 06 June, 2002
OramaWorld Quantity Discount Policy (applied at Checkout):
- Buy 2 or more items in a single category, get 5% off
- Buy 5 or more items in a single category, get 10% off
- Buy 10 or more items in a single category, get 15% off
- Buy 20 or more items in a single category, get 20% off
- Buy 50 or more items in a single category, get 25% off